For this Tuesday, ten tastes of fall I look forward to as the seasons look to move from summer to autumn. As I’m 17 days into this Whole30 round, I know that some of these recipes won’t be made until the calendar flips; however, some can be enjoyed in the coming weeks.
- Chili – My “go to” now is the Chocolate Chili recipe from Well Fed. I have the ingredients here at home and plan to make a pot of it this weekend.
- Nantucket Cranberry Pie – A recent addition to the fall desserts, this has become a new Thanksgiving time dessert (and maybe breakfast for the leftovers).
- Baked Oatmeal – whether on the sweeter side or the savory side, this is a hearty breakfast for cold mornings.
- Fresh made applesauce – peeled apples & a few hours in the crockpot – nothing beats homemade applesauce! Sometimes I might add a dash of cinnamon & spice…other times, just pure apple!
- White Chili – a chicken & potato variation that is a hearty bowl of goodness on a cold evening.
- While I enjoy sweet potatoes year round, I’m “excited” for the return of the frozen mashed sweet potatoes at Trader Joe’s – I stock up on these bags for an easy base for meals throughout the year. (In fact, just today my lunch included some of the last “pucks” from the freezer – BBQ pulled pork on a bed of sweet potatoes was easy and delish!)
- “Endless” french press pots of coffee on the weekend – I’m much more of a hot coffee gal in cooler weather.
- If I happen to be near a Culver’s, a pumpkin shake or concrete mixer is such a fall treat!
- Stuffed Acorn Squash – I’m planning to try a new stuffing combo with the ones in the picture over the weekend.
- Mulled Wine and/or Spiced Cider – An enjoyable mug of warmth that is just as delicious to smell while it is simmering on the stove.
What tastes of fall are you most anticipating?