We’re “in the home stretch” leading up to Christmas day and many of us are in full hustle & bustle to get everything done before Christmas morning. On this Tuesday before Christmas, 10 things I’m looking forward to after the holiday rush.
- Boxing Day = Reading Day – The family is planning to enjoy a low-key day on the 26th – lots of reading is on tap, probably some napping, easy menu plans have already been put in place (& ingredients purchased).
- Connecting with High School Friends – Sunday evening will be another fun evening of reconnecting with high school friends – we had such a fun time last year, we all were on board to do it again this year (& invite a few more to join us).
- Knitting a Christmas Gift (again) – While blocking Christmas gifts last week, I discovered that 1 of my gifts was a snack for something & there were un-recoverable holes. Replacement yarn was immediately ordered & shipped to Georgia – the skein dissolved into massive tangles when Mom went to wind it. So, there is no way the replacement will be completed and under the tree.
- Catching up on the Scoreboard Cowl – I’m lots of games behind…once number 3 is complete, this will become the priority knitting.
- Confirming my One Word for 2016 – after cultivating 2015, I’m working towards the word for 2016…more to come…
- Starting a Bullet Journal – For the new year, I’m going to give this method a try for my planner approach because recent years haven’t had something that has really stuck with me.
- Restarting the Kon Mari journey – It’s time to buckle down & continue to work through the house and only keep the joy sparking items.
- Making February travel plans – some fun items are on the calendar for the first and last weekends…now to make flight arrangements…
- Plant an amaryllis – planting a new bulb as the new year begins and watching it grow is such a visible way to see progress through the long (& dreary) winter slog…
- Menu Planning – I’m looking to do a modified Whole30 in January and while I’ve done some menu planning in the past, I want to focus on this more as this year starts – not just for these 30 days but to carry through the year.
While this may look like a lot…it’s actually a nice combination of items with a deadline/schedule and items that will just go with the flow.
What are you looking forward to once the holiday rush subsides?