In canning season, tomato jam is always one of my favorite things to make (& share). Since I’m currently doing a January Whole30 reset, the tangy sweet goodness of tomato jam is a no-go for the time being. Last week, I picked up a bowl of small tomatoes in a rainbow of colors on an impromptu Costco run. This weekend, I turned them into jammy tomato “chips” to use in my meals for the upcoming week.
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or foil).
- Wash & slice tomatoes in half.
- Toss with olive oil & pink Himalayan salt.
- Place tomatoes on baking sheet – cut side up.
- Roast for about 2 hours. I checked at 55 minutes & kept going. At 01:50, I turned the oven off and kept the tomatoes in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven – flip all tomatoes over to cool.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
These will be put to tasty uses during the week – obviously, any salads will include them; maybe an omelette or egg scramble; a twist on the classic wedge salad.
This is a great way to incorporate tomatoes in the off season! How would you use these tasty morsels?